— A lightning bolt fired by a small electric toothbrushes charging system on Wednesday led to a fire that burned the roof of a Tallahassee apartment building, leaving a third floor apartment burning as well.
Tallahassee Fire Rescue said a small electrical system in a condo complex was ignited and caught fire.
The fire, which was about a quarter-mile away, was extinguished by firefighters, but the roof caught fire, forcing the fire to spread to a third-floor apartment building that caught on fire.
Firefighters were on scene Thursday afternoon and the complex is still under evacuation orders.
The fire was contained to a fourth-floor condo.
No injuries were reported.
The electrical company that manufactures the devices is located in Florida.